Many of the clients we have at first do not know how to request a laser scanning service, which is why we have given ourselves the task of making a guide that helps to request a 3D laser scan correctly.
Where are 3d scanning services near me when I need them? The truth is that a quality 3d scanning service that has accurate scan data and points cloud generation through reverse engineering can be complicated depending on the area where we are and the large objects on the site.
Proper data processing and precise measurements in conjunction with 3d laser scanning can help in multiple areas with the construction progress. That is why it is important to recognize our specific needs when choosing a 3d laser scanning service and that it will be a great solution in construction sites or new construction projects.
The client must define the following scopes according to the existing conditions:
POINT CLOUDS TYPES:
- Advantages: Better appreciation, necessary for a virtual tour, identifying real colors from a physical object.
- Disadvantages: It is obtained more slowly, decreases the field's performance, and is more expensive.
BLACK AND WHITE:
- Advantages: The fastest way to capture the facilities, ideal when it is not required to identify colors, is used when the most important thing is the cheaper 3D Model (CAD) or BIM Model.
- Disadvantages: Cannot identify colors, virtual tours do not "feel" the same.
GEOREFENCERED OR NOT:
- It allows you to have a universal system of all the coordinates of your 3d model to update when required.
- Avoid deviations by "pasting" a part of the layout with another raised at another time or by another provider.
- Sets the universal system for placement on equipment, pipe, floor level, etc.
3D MODELING LOD:
- You want a simple volume in basic geometric figures (prism, cube, etc.). That would be LOD 100.
- If we need to detail the most relevant parts, we are talking about a LOD 200.
- If more detail is required to the degree of modeling, the best option is a LOD 300.
Disciplines of interest to model:
- Laser scanning has the advantage of being modular and stable; that is, it can scan a part only to be later complemented with the rest of the area of interest; this is useful when there are budget issues.
- MEP (Pipes and facilities)
What do you need it for?
- The most complete of all
- Delivers cuts and plants with pinpoint precision
- Capture as much information as possible
- Parameterized 3D modeling
- Generate Isometric Plans
- Delayed 3d modeling
- More expensive
- Ideal for generating layouts
- Ideal when you want to know the distribution of your equipment or facilities larger than 4″
- Design of escape routes and spaces.
- As accurate as +/- 3cm
- Lower point density
- If you want to have your equipment located, as well as the larger dimensions of its footprints or elevations.
- Define minimum operating and maintenance distances for safety standards.
- Once you have the virtual model, you can add the following:
- Maintenance dates
- When a new employee needs to be "set up" around the different parts of the plant or familiarized with the different teams.
- Onboarding and welcoming inductions to different departments and places on the same floor.
Do you need plans?
- In many cases, the only thing required is planes, and not converting them to 3d is also an option.
Taking into account all these comments when requesting your laser scanning service, it will be easier and more understandable so that your provider can correctly attend to you, and there is no scope left in the air.